[Previous] [Next] [Index] [Thread]

Re: Apache authentication module

We have done something like this as part of our ILU Requester.  Basically,
there is an object requester inside the web server, and requests to
resources that are protected trigger a call to an externally-published
object.  This implements the logic of the authentication.

Not sure, but this might be possible with the FastCGI work on Apache.  With
either of these approaches, the server code wouldn't have to be hacked --
you wouldn't even be writing server API programs.

Paul Everitt       Digital Creations
paul@digicool.com  540.371.6909
"."

----------
> From: scott hollatz <shollatz@d.umn.edu>
> To: www-security@ns2.rutgers.edu
> Cc: shollatz@d.umn.edu
> Subject: Apache authentication module
> Date: Thursday, July 25, 1996 10:25 AM
>
> This is not about cookies! :-)
>
> We have been considering writing an authentication module for the Apache
HTTP
> server which queries an authentication server (tacacs) on a different
host.

> There are two approaches:  write a correct module following the Apache
API or